Introduction to Accounting and Sage 50 Software
Start date: October 4, 2022
End date: December 8, 2022
Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Delivery mode: Online
Duration: 60 hours
Skills in accounting and knowledge of Sage 50 software are very often required, specifically for individuals who work in small and medium-sized businesses. With this course, students will learn how to perform basic accounting tasks manually. They will understand the accounting cycle and journal entries, and how to analyze invoices, checks and orders. The second part of the course will deal with SAGE 50 accounting software, which is the accounting software most commonly used in companies. The most important components (sales, purchases, receipts, payments and inventory) will be covered and practical exercises will be provided. Students will also learn how to print and analyze various reports.
This course is subsidized by Emploi-Quebec Montérégie. Candidates who wish to pay the subsidized fee must meet the criteria listed in the “Further details” section below.
You are eligible to take these courses if you live and work in the province of Quebec, and you are:
- Currently working in the private sector;
- a seasonal worker on a temporary layoff;
- looking to upgrade your skills to maintain your job.
You are not eligible to take these courses if you are:
- employed in the public or para-public sector;
- a student;
- unemployed and/or receiving unemployment insurance or welfare;
- receiving CSST (worker’s compensation) or from the SAAQ.
- reorienting your career or are interested in taking a personal interest course.
Maximum of two (2) simultaneous courses per person.
Maximum of three (3) employees per place of employment.
*If eligibility requirements are met.